If you’re beginning to think about retirement, you have a lot to consider, including Medicare. Because the decisions you make affect how much you’ll be responsible for financially, it’s important to start your research early, so you can make the right choice for you.
At Independent Health, we want to make sure you are well informed when it comes to your health care options. That’s why we’ve created WNYMedicare.com, a website where you can learn more about the different parts of Medicare; watch short, informative videos; and download a complimentary copy of “Medicare Now: A Step-By-Step Guide.”
Why choose Independent Health for your Medicare needs?
More people select Independent Health for their Medicare coverage than any other plan in Western New York.* It’s a testament to our long-standing commitment of delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and outstanding service to our members.
For four consecutive years, Independent Health has been recognized as a 4.5 Star Rated Medicare Plan** by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The Star Ratings are designed to help Medicare beneficiaries choose a plan in their area that will meet their needs and provide quality care and service. Since 2011, CMS has rated Medicare Advantage plans on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, with 5 being the highest rated plan and 1 being the lowest rated plan. Key components that plans are rated on include member experience, customer service, detecting and preventing illness, patient safety, and accurate drug pricing.
Variety of Medicare Advantage plans to choose from
Independent Health offers plans that are designed to meet our Medicare Advantage members’ individual needs, including:
• Independent Health’s Encompass 65® Essential HMO-POS plan – A $0 monthly premium plan with prescription coverage.
• Independent Health’s Network AdvantageSM HMO Plan – A new plan available to Erie and Niagara County residents as of January 1, 2014. This unique plan gives members access to a network of primary care doctors who work together with dedicated care coordinators and specialists to make sure our members are receiving the quality care they deserve.
• Independent Health’s Dual DifferenceSM HMO-SNP plan – A plan specifically designed for people who have Medicare and who are also entitled to assistance from Medicaid. The focus of this plan is to ensure members have access to the covered services they need. Members may be eligible to receive assistance from a care and/or service coordinator from Independent Health.
Benefits designed to help our members take control of their health
Our Medicare Advantage plans feature comprehensive benefits*** designed to help our members maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
• Nearly 50 preventive services† are covered at a $0 copayment, including mammograms, colonoscopies, and bone density/osteoporosis screenings.
• The Healthy Benefits fitness benefit allows our members to join a participating fitness location of their choice and have access to the facility’s amenities—treadmills, free weights, fitness classes and more.
• All of our plans cover emergency and urgent care outside of Western New York.
• Vision and preventive dental coverage are included with most plans.
Explore your options
If you are approaching age 65 and would like to discuss your Medicare options with one of our knowledgeable RedShirts, stop in to an Independent Health Medicare Information Center.†† We have year-round locations in Depew/Cheektowaga, Orchard Park and Williamsville. Or, if you prefer, you can call (716) 635-4900 or 1-800-958-4405, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. TTY users: 1 (888) 357-9167.
Please note: Our Medicare Information Centers will be open on Saturday, December 7 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist individuals on the final day of Medicare Annual Open Enrollment Period.
For more information about Independent Health’s Medicare Advantage plans or Medicare Information Centers, visit www.independenthealth.com/medicare.
Independent Health is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract offering HMO, HMO-SNP, HMO-POS and PPO plans. Independent Health’s Dual Difference is a HMO-SNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the NY Medicaid program. Enrollment in Independent Health depends on contract renewal.
*Per CMS WNY enrollment data 10/2013.
**Star Ratings are based on 5 Stars. Star Ratings are assessed each year and may change from one year to the next.
***Benefits vary by plan. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, provider network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.
†Not all preventive services are medically appropriate each year. Independent Health uses the frequency guidelines adopted by CMS and the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
††A sales representative will be present to assist with information and applications. For accommodations of persons with special needs at sales meetings, please call (716) 635-4900 or 1 (800) 958-4405, Monday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. TTY users: 1-888-357-9167.
Y0042_C5004 Accepted 11102013